WINTER SPORTS SEASON IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!
In order for athletes (grades 5-12) to participate in sports at Bremen Public Schools (BPS), the following information must be provided BEFORE their first day of athletic activities:
- ALL BPS ATHLETES must submit a completed Health History Update Questionnaire. In addition, ALL HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES must submit a completed Protected Health & Information Form.
- If the answer to ANY of the seven (7) questions on the Health History Update Questionnaire (above) is “YES”, then the student must have a 2020-21 Physical Exam Form completed and dated April 1, 2020 or later.
- If ALL the answers to the seven (7) questions on the Health History Update Questionnaire are “NO” and the student has a physical exam recorded on an IHSAA form dated April 1, 2019 or later, then a new physical is NOT REQUIRED.
- All BPS ATHLETES WHO PARTICIPATED in a sport last school year will already have a physical exam on file at the Bremen Athletic Office: Students with Physicals Dated April 1, 2019 or later.
- ANY BPS ATHLETE planning to participate in a sport during the upcoming school year (2020-21) and did not play a sport during the past 2019-20 school year MUST have a 2020-21 Physical Exam Form completed and dated April 1, 2020 or later.
- ALL BPS ATHLETES must complete the online registration process at Register My Athlete.
Following are the first official practice dates for High School Winter Sports:
- October 19 – first official practice for Girls Basketball.
- October 26 – first official practice for Girls Swimming.
- November 2 – first official practice for Wrestling.
- November 9 – first official practice for Boys Basketball & Boys Swimming.
- November 16 – first official practice for Gymmastics.
Information about Middle School Winter practice dates will be announced as available.
- 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th Grade BOYS Basketball competes in Nov/Dec/Jan.
- 5th, 6th, 7th& 8th Grade GIRLS Basketball competes in Jan/Feb/Mar.
- Middle School Wrestling competes in Feb/Mar.
- Middle School Swimming competes in March.
If you have any questions, please contact Bremen Athletic Director Troy Holmes at email@example.com or Athletic Administrative Assistant Stephanie Fish at firstname.lastname@example.org.