Bremen Middle School will be holding VOLUNTARY practices starting the week of Monday, August 10th. If possible, it is recommended that students attend these sessions for conditioning purposes. OFFICIAL practices (cross country, football and volleyball) will begin on Monday, August 17th. To participate, please see the following:
- Complete the online registration process at Register My Athlete (link).
- ALL BPS ATHLETES must submit a completed Health History Update Questionnaire.
- If the answer to ANY of the seven (7) questions on the Health History Update Questionnaire (above) is “YES”, then the student must have a 2020-21 Physical Exam Form completed and dated April 1, 2020 or later.
- If ALL the answers to the seven (7) questions on the Health History Update Questionnaire are “NO” and the student has a physical exam recorded on an IHSAA form for the last school year (2019-20), parents do not need to complete the Physical Exam requirement in Register My Athlete.
- FREE PHYSICALS ARE BEING OFFERED BY BREMEN CASTINGS AT THE HIGH SCHOOL FOR ALL BREMEN STUDENTS ON WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5. If interested, please enter the high school at Door #2 (Grant Street) between the hours of 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- All participating students must receive a Pre-Practice Screening before each school athletic activity. Students should enter the high school at Door #16 (pool entrance). Screening will be available 15 minutes prior to practice.
- FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER THE SCHOOL:
- All students must wear a mask, covering the nose and mouth, when entering and exiting the school facility and throughout the pre-practice screening process.
- Masks are to be worn while transitioning from screening to designated practice areas.
- If possible, masks will remain in place throughout athletic activities unless at least a 6 feet social distance can be maintained or wearing one poses a health risk (trouble breathing, asthma, heat, exertion, shortness of breath, etc.). Masks can be removed for strenuous activity.
- Pre-practice screening will consist of a temperature check and confirmation the student does not exhibit the following COVID-19 symptoms: cough, difficulty breathing, chills or shaking, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea or if the student has been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- If an athlete records a temperature LOWER than 100.4°and answers “NO” to ALL questions, he/she will be cleared to participate.
- If an athlete records a temperature of 100.4° or higher or answers “YES” to ANY of the questions that is not otherwise explained, then he/she will be isolated from others and return home as soon as possible.
- Parents must PRE-SCREEN THEIR CHILD AT HOME for illness and Covid-19 symptoms prior to attending practice. If sick or exhibit COVID-19 symptoms, STAY HOME!
- BRING YOUR OWN PERSONAL WATER BOTTLE.
- Come dressed and ready to participate – LOCKER ROOMS & SHOWERS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE.
- All physical contact is to be avoided. Social distancing is encouraged (6 feet away from others).
- Hand sanitizer will be available….USE OFTEN.
- Athletes are expected to leave the school facility immediately after practice and return home.
PRACTICE SCHEDULE (August 10-14)
Volleyball (7th Grade): Tue-Wed-Thur 4:30-5:30 PM. Sarah Moyer 574-209-1054
Volleyball (8th Grade): Tue-Wed-Thur 5:30-6:30 PM. Sarah Moyer 574-209-1054
Cross Country: Mon-Tue-Thur 4:00-5:00 PM. Kim Kincaid 574-209-4050
Football: Mon-Tue-Wed 5:00-6:00 PM. Ben Hueni 574-707-5252
In all cases, health care professionals will have the authority to preclude anyone from participation due to health concerns.
All summer athletic activities (August 10 – August 14) are voluntary and participation is at the discretion of parents. Given the frequent changes that continue to occur during the pandemic, protocol revisions may be necessary. To ensure the safest environment possible, all directives from the Marshall County Health Department will be followed. If you have any questions, please contact Bremen Athletic Director, Troy Holmes, at firstname.lastname@example.org