Protocol for Pre-Practice Screening (July 6 – July 19)
IMPERATIVE: Parents know their child best and are expected to perform a self-screen BEFORE coming to school. Athletes who are ill or exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 are to stay home.
Parents are on the front line in keeping their child and others safe. Open communication is essential for the health and well-being of everybody. Parents are asked to report any health irregularities to Bremen’s athletic trainer or the Bremen Athletic Department. Your cooperation is much appreciated.
- BEFORE EACH SEPARATE ATHLETIC ACTIVITY: Athletes, coaches, managers and trainer will report to school at Pool Entrance – Door #16.
- If attending two (2) practices on the same day, athletes must be screened TWICE (before each activity).
- Students are asked to arrive at the school for testing NO EARLIER than 30 minutes before the scheduled start of practice.
- EVERYONE is expected to practice social distancing, staying six (6) feet away from others, before entering the school and throughout the pre-practice screening process.
- It is strongly recommended that masks be worn during the pre-practice screening and practices unless wearing one poses a health risk.
- Everyone will receive a temperature check with a medical infrared thermometer.
- If a temperature of 100.4° or higher is recorded, students will be allowed to sit for approximately 5 minutes before having their temperature confirmed with an oral thermometer equipped with a disposable cover.
- In addition to a temperature check, everyone will be asked if he/she has any of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Everyone will also be asked if he/she has:
- been in close contact (same household or place of employment) with a person who is lab confirmed with COVID-19.
- tested positive for COVID-19.
- Results for every pre-practice screening will be recorded.
- If an athlete records a temperature LOWER than 100.4° and answers “NO” to ALL questions, he/she will be cleared to participate.
- If an athlete records a temperature of 100.4° or higher or answers “YES” to ANY of the questions that is not otherwise explained, then he/she will be isolated from others and return home as soon as possible.
WHEN CAN AN ATHLETE RETURN TO PRACTICES?
- If an athlete answered “YES” to ONLY ONE (1) or TWO (2) of the COVID-19 symptoms, -THEN-
- he/she will be allowed to participate when symptom-free and cleared at a pre-practice screening.
- If an athlete:
- recorded a temperature of 100.4° or higher -OR-
- answered “YES” to THREE (3) OR MORE of the COVID symptoms -OR-
- has been in close contact with a person who is lab confirmed with COVID -OR-
- tested positive for COVID -THEN-
- he/she will be allowed to participate when cleared, in writing, by a health care provider.
In all cases, Bremen’s athletic trainer in conjunction with other health care professionals will have the authority to preclude anyone from participation due to health concerns.
All summer athletic activities (July 6 – August 1) are voluntary and participation is at the discretion of parents. Given the frequent changes that continue to occur during the pandemic, protocol revisions may be necessary. To ensure the safest environment possible, all directives from the Marshall County Health Department will be followed. If you have any questions, please contact Bremen Athletic Director, Troy Holmes, at email@example.com