IHSAA Statement on Remainder of the School Year Activities and the Beginning of Summer (link)
Recently, Dr. Jennifer McCormick, State Superintendent of Public Instruction clarified the school closure order which ends on June 30, 2020:
School buildings are to remain closed through June 30, 2020. Considering this directive, the Indiana High School Athletic Association is hereby suspending any school sponsored athletic activities through June 30, 2020. School sponsored activities are any school authorized activities directed, observed or instructed by the school’s coaching staff regardless of the location. This includes conditioning, skills development and associated activities through the end of June.
Provided there are no adjustments to Governor Eric Holcomb’s announced plans to re-open the State of Indiana, school sponsored summer athletic activities may resume on July 1, 2020. In light of the amount of time students have been restricted from school and contact with their teammates and coaches, the 2020 IHSAA Moratorium is being waived (originally scheduled for June 29-July 5). Therefore; contact with students may occur beginning on Wednesday, July 1, 2020 and continue through Saturday, August 1, 2020. Official practices for fall sports will begin on Monday, August 3rd and the 2020 fall contest season is to occur as originally scheduled.
Further announcements affecting the 2020-21 Bremen athletic seasons will consistent with all state, IHSAA and local school district guidance.
Given the IHSAA announcement, please note the following:
- All conditioning, practices, open fields and contests are canceled and will not resume until July 1st at the earliest.
- All school athletic facilities, both indoor and outdoor, will be closed to any and all activity until July 1st at the earliest.
- All face-to-face contact between coaches (paid or volunteer) and students is prohibited.
- Coaches WILL NOT organize or encourage practices and other team gatherings outside of the school.
- If done virtually, coaches may provide communications, voluntary workouts, etc.; however, these workouts are VOLUNTARY and will not require athletes to leave their homes or premises.
If you have questions regarding the latest announcement, please contact Bremen Athletic Director, Troy Holmes at email@example.com
EVERYONE CONTINUE TO STAY SAFE & HEALTHY! HANG TOUGH LIONS!