BREMEN PUBLIC SCHOOLS HAVE IMPLEMENTED AN ATHLETIC MORATORIUM DURING THE CURRENT SCHOOL CLOSING (MARCH 16TH – APRIL 13TH).
ALL BREMEN HIGH SCHOOL AND MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENT-ATHLETES
- All practices and contests are canceled during this period and will not resume until April 13 at the earliest.
- All school athletic facilities, both indoor and outdoor, will be closed to any and all activity during the moratorium.
- All face-to-face contact with coaches (paid or volunteer) is prohibited.
- Coaches WILL NOT organize or encourage practices and other team gatherings outside of the school.
BREMEN HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT-ATHLETES ONLY
- Coaches MAY provide recommended workouts through their communication channels. However, these workouts will not require student-athletes to leave their homes or premises.
- All Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA) participation rules remain in effect during the moratorium.
- Once students return to school, all provisions of Rule 9-14 – Practice Attendance to Participate in a Contest shall be enforced. This health and safety measure within the by-laws will not be waived.
- Upon the return to school on Monday, April 13th:
- Students participating in baseball, golf and tennis will need 10 separate days of practice before competing in a contest (Friday, April 24 at the earliest).
- Students participating in track will require at least 6 separate days of practice before competing in a contest. (Monday, April 20 at the earliest).
- Students participating is softball will require at least 4 separate days of practice before competing in a contest. (Friday, April 17 at the earliest).
- Softball and baseball players MAY NOT go to workouts with travel teams during the moratorium and for the remainder of the contest season.
- A decision on meeting a minimum number of contests to become eligible for IHSAA tournament series events will be made at a later date.
- At this time, the IHSAA is planning on staging all spring sport tournament series events as scheduled.
BREMEN MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENT-ATHLETES ONLY
- Practices will not start until Wednesday, April 15 (at the earliest).
- Contests will not start until Thursday, April 23 (at the earliest).
We strongly encourage parents and students to strictly follow the recommendations and directives of all health officials. This is truly an extraordinary time and the safety and well-being of our students, staff and community members will remain the top priority. In regards to all the precautions being taken, we may never know if we overreacted, but we will definitely know if we underreacted.
As the current situation continues to evolve, please go to our website www.bremenatheltics.com or follow us on Twitter @BremenSports for the most up-to-date information. If you have questions, please email Troy Holmes (email@example.com) or Stephanie Fish (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Bremen Athletic Office will be closed from Thursday, April 2nd to Monday, April 13th.